Translate

25 May, 2013

Things in jars




I have always loved jars.  I have jars (not a jar collection, you must understand) of various sizes and shapes, and I have a vintage button jar with inherited buttons which the grandchildren like to play with (who needs toys?). 


Think of this for inspiration.






I found a Mason Jar free clip art on the net and experimented with getting stuff in it.


First I tried photographing jellybeans.  This was fun, but I had to do it fast because they kept disappearing ...




 
For this one I made a shape card using the jar shape and filled it with my photographed jelly beans.  I did this by printing the jellybean photograph, then overprinting with the jar clip art, then cutting around.  Then sticking it to a base card and cutting it to shape, then tracing around the shape and cutting inside the lines to make a shaped insert and ....  whew!






 






Then I filled this one with purchased
liquorice paper ... After taking this photo I covered the single sweet with Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy which made it look sort of crusty-glazed.


Much less fattening than the jellybeans. 












                 
And then a couple filled with
coffee ....                     
mmmmmm..mm...m



                               







and my photograph of cashew nuts ...  brown card cut with decorative scissors and sanded to distress.

Imagine my joy when I discovered this Hero Arts sentiment stamp!
















                      ......my photograph of Snake Sours ...  unfortunately these kept diminishing too. 
I used clear glitter on the cutout sours to make it look like sugar.















Some spiders I photographed ...  one of the models crawled onto the card.  The background was embossed, smooshed with embossing ink, then clear heat embossed.











And lastly, what I set out to do - my button collection in a jar.  At least these are sugar- and fat-free!




I hope now maybe you'll look at things in jars in a different way.

Cheers,
Carol













No comments: